Design of Platform Strengthening and Repairs
Project involved determination of the structural integrity and fitness-for-purpose to support proposed deck extensions, gravity loads, and to design strengthening or modifications where necessary.
The scope of work involved:
- Designing and detailing of new deck extensions for pig receiver, including IFC (Issued For Construction) drawings,
- Performing integrated topside and jacket structure assessment: API RP2A WSD and LFRD for as-is members (accounting for effects of damaged member- with and without damaged member) Review pipe supports on proposed decks,
- Performing ultimate pushover analysis of as-is (damaged member) to determine Reserved Strength Ratio (RSR),
- Design of stressed mechanical clamp for replacement of brace to jacket leg,
- Performing static and fatigue Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to validate the clamp design by hand calculations,
- Preparation of clamp fabrication drawings,
- Design of strengthening scheme for connection of new brace to existing brace,
- Performing fatigue assessment of as-is and repaired structure using SACS
- Preparation of structural assessment and design reports (SACS & ABAQUS) as required.